- This event has passed.
So you think you can LEAD?
November 2, 2015 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Are you a President, Vice President, Treasurer or other committee member of a student society?
- Do you wonder how this experience is going to help you in 3 to 5 years time?
- What kind of projects or experiences are going to be most useful and which ones are perhaps going to be a waste of time, when looking back?
- How else can you develop your leadership skills?
Dr. Pejman Azarmina, a University of Surrey School of Management graduate and the founder of a Silicon-valley-based leadership development think tank called Thinkocrats is going to talk about his perspectives on student leadership and how it is linked to job applications and career success.
In this talk, Dr. Azarmina will share some anecdotes and tips on the following three topics:
- How to focus on value-adding activities and projects and eliminate the non-value-adding ones as a student leader?
- How to engage others to follow your lead without actually being their boss or supervisor?
- How to project professionalism and integrity as a student leader now and as a professional in the future?
Bring your questions to ask at the end of this lecture. We have allocated 30 minutes after his talk to answer any questions that you might have.